2 minutes reading time
We're Hiring! L&M is seeking a dedicated Research Assistant to join our Team in Washington, DC
Research Assistant In Health Policy
L&M Policy Research, LLC is seeking candidates for full-time, entry-level research positions in Washington, DC. This is typically a two to four year position. L&M is a highly-collaborative and collegial boutique health services research firm that offers a deep knowledge of public and private health care issues grounded in extensive experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods and health services management and operations. Our dedicated staff provides the highest quality research to assist government and private organizations in improving health care across the United States, with particular focus on Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance marketplace reforms.
We offer our employees a collegial and team-oriented work environment, along with competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and five weeks paid time off.
- Contribute to qualitative and/or quantitative data collection and analysis; support senior research staff in developing and executing research protocols; conduct primary data collection with health care consumers, organizations, providers, and other stakeholders
- Contribute to reports, memos, briefs, and presentations
- Conduct literature reviews and environmental scans
- Support senior research staff with client management tasks, including scheduling, notetaking, and financial reporting
- Some travel may be required
- Availability to start in Winter 2019 or Spring 2020
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated interest in health policy, public health, public policy, the social sciences, or a related field
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with ability to manage concurrent tasks and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong technical writing skills (e.g., reports, memos, literature reviews)
- Strong analytical skills
- Motivated, self-starter; capacity to work both autonomously and as a team
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Academic or job-related experience conducting research in a related field
- Familiarity with data analysis software packages (e.g. STATA, SAS)
- Working proficiency in Spanish is a plus
Note: Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.