2 minutes reading time
We’re Hiring! L&M is seeking a dedicated Health Policy Quantitative Research Analyst to join our team in Washington, DC
Quantitative Research Analyst in Health Policy
L&M Policy Research, LLC is seeking new quantitative research colleagues for full-time positions in Washington, DC. Option for partial telework arrangement.
L&M is a highly-collaborative, boutique, health services research firm that offers deep knowledge of public and private health care issues. Our team provides the highest quality research to assist government and private organizations in improving health care and policy in the United States, with particular focus on Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance marketplace reforms under the Affordable Care Act.
- Collaborating through small project
teams to develop analysis plans and conduct quantitative analyses of claims,
administrative and survey data sets.
- Conducting quantitative analyses of
Medicare/Medicaid claims and health- and health policy-related survey data sets.
- Creating in-house databases and analytic
- Managing the acquisition and handling
of administrative data files.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative
field required, graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience cleaning,
analyzing, and managing large, complex health care databases, including claims
and administrative data
- Strong data manipulation skills,
including experience using statistical software required (e.g., SAS, STATA, R,
Python), SAS preferred
- Interest in health care financing and
delivery systems, and how these systems impact spending, health care quality
- Excellent applied microeconomic skills
and experience using large complex databases, preferred
- Familiarity with Medicare and Medicaid claims,
preferred, with bonus points for experience with CMS Cost Reports
- Strong organizational, writing and
communication skills, with attention to detail
- Capacity to work autonomously on tasks
within a larger team
- Kind and decent human
being a must.
Note: Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.