Research Analyst in Health Policy
L&M Policy Research seeks candidates for a mid-level research position in Washington, D.C. This position is an integral part of a highly collaborative and collegial health policy research and consulting firm. Our staff combines a deep knowledge of public and private health care with extensive experience in health services management, research, and operations. We provide data-driven advisory and research services on health care policies and programs ranging in scope and scale. Our team designs and conducts analyses on the impact of health care programs, policies, and interventions across the United States with particular focus on Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance marketplace reforms. The position offers an excellent opportunity for candidates with a strong health policy background who share our passion for health care and want to be part of a collaborative and dynamic organization.
- Work collaboratively with project teams comprised of senior and junior staff to conduct a range of qualitative and quantitative analyses and evaluations.
- Collaborate with project teams to develop research designs, create analytic plans, and conduct quantitative analyses of claims and survey data sets.
- Write, revise, and execute protocols for qualitative research in collaboration with project teams. Conduct primary data collection with health care consumers and stakeholders.
- Contribute to project reports, project proposals, and policy impact analyses, synthesizing findings to present results, and developing tables and graphics.
- Conduct quantitative analyses of Medicare, Medicaid claims and health- and health policy-related survey data sets.
- Create in-house databases and analytic files.
- Manage the acquisition and handling of administrative data files.
- Support senior staff in managing sub-contractors, vendors, and clients.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in relevant field.
- 3–7 years of experience working in health policy research, including experience:
- analyzing health care databases
- working with statistical software such as SAS or Stata
- writing sections of project reports
- contributing to proposal preparation
- Ability to work autonomously on tasks and as part of a small or large team.
- Capacity to manage and prioritize several tasks and projects simultaneously
while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with a meticulous eye to detail.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Professionalism, efficiency, and demonstrated commitment to consistently high quality work.
This is a full-time position in Washington, D.C. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. L&M Policy Research offers an outstanding benefits package, including full medical, dental and vision insurance, a retirement plan with matching contribution, and generous paid time off.
L&M Policy Research is an independent health policy research and advisory services firm that specializes in assisting government and private organizations in improving health care across the United States. Located in Washington, D.C., we work with clients by combining industry expertise and data to design and implement analyses on the impact of health care programs, policies, and interventions. Our small size allows us to be nimble and highly responsive, delivering tailored solutions for clients.
Since its founding in 2004, L&M has grown to include researchers, economists, former health care administrators, public health specialists and policy experts with decades of collective health care experience. Our distinctive perspective yields results that are objective, insightful, and practical. The L&M team's dedication to client objectives and impeccable research integrity has earned us a reputation as a trusted, reliable research partner.